Monday, January 17, 2011

Glimpse into the life of a SAHM (stay at home mom)

I get MLK Jr Day off, so I get to spend the ENTIRE day with Ellie. Yay!! Our day started at around 8am, but Ellie probably woke at 7:30am. She usually talks to herself when she first wakes in the morning. It's a beautiful sound to wake up to :)

After getting dressed and finishing her bottle, Ellie has so quality time with her Uncle David while mama here gets ready for the day. We decide to go out for brunch and head out the door around 10:30am. On the way to and from Portos, Ellie does one of her cat naps on the car. Uncle David & Jesse go out to meet up with one of their friends, so mama and Ellie get to play together.

I'm exhausted at this point and hope she gets sleepy soon. No such luck. Ellie's a bundle of energy (did someone put speed in her milk?!) and she happily bounces away in her jumperoo while I try to catch up on some chores and email. I try to put her down for a nap but she was having none of it. I resign to the fact that I probably won't get to nap any time soon, so I down a cup of coffee. We go back and forth between the jumperoo and her play mat until, finally, she starts showing signs of needing her nap. It has been almost 4 hours since her last nap!!

I put her in her crib, and after another 30 minutes of rolling over, crawling backwards, getting stuck, and sitting up (with my help), she finally starts drifting to sleep listening to Horsea.

Sigh...I should nap too, but Uncle David & Jesse will be home soon. If this is what it's like to be a SAHM, it's WAY harder than working outside of the home.

No comments:

Post a Comment