I can't believe it's already been 2 months since we welcomed Naomi into our lives. For some reason, time is flying by this time around and before I know it, Naomi will be 3 months old!
Life with 2 is drastically different. I wish I could split myself in half so both get equal time with Mommy, but that's just not possible. We're managing with one-on-one defense right now, but as Naomi gets older and her routine more stabilized, we might be able to switch off and give each other time off.
Ellie has been such a great big sister to Naomi. She calls her "her baby" and loves to cuddle, hug and kiss her little sister. She's been such a great helper and wants to do everything for Naomi. I hope as they grow they will become great friends.
Another unexpected thing is how different Naomi is from Ellie. Ellie was always a great eater, but not the best sleeper (according to Pam). She almost immediately shot to the 90th percentile for weight and height. Naomi is a different story. She's been struggling to gain the appropriate amount of weight and hovers around the 10th percentile. We're guessing the exclusive breastfeeding might have something to do with it (Ellie was almost completely formula fed, with just a couple of ounces of breast milk) But Naomi seems to not be as sensitive a sleeper like Ellie was.
But I dare you to tell Ellie's baby pictures apart from Naomi. I think they look almost exactly the same, which had us calling Naomi "Ellie" in the beginning. I've got to find some pictures ... more later!



No comments:
Post a Comment